Yee-haaw! We just finished writing our first e-book — «Why Use Video for Your Online Business».
With this ebook we hope to educate our readers on why video could be your best bet in terms of marketing on the Internet.
In recent years, video has all but taken over the World Wide Web. Whereas a few short years ago, it was a technological challenge to put a short, tiny video on a website, making those websites special; today websites are expected to provide video content for their viewers. In fact, for many people, websites which don’t have videos are considered “old fashioned,” “out of touch” and “just plain boring.”
Today’s society wants to be entertained. Video is a much better medium for accomplishing this than other mediums used over the Internet. While some people surf the ‘Net looking for information, many just do so looking for something that will catch their interest, distract them from life and maybe give them a laugh. When companies create entertaining videos and put them on their websites, it provides an incredible hook to bring in potential customers.
Video puts a “face” on your internet business; specifically your face. Viewers start to identify your business with you. Along with that, they start thinking of you as “their plumber,” “their consultant,” and even “their friend.” All of that is im- portant. When they connect your face to your business, then business goes from being impersonal to being a relationship.
Just to help you realize how big an impact video is having on the Internet, I’ve compiled a few statistics. These come from a variety of sources, many being experts on the Internet and Internet marketing.
• Viewers watched 75% more videos online in December 2010 than in December 2008.
• By sometime in 2013, it is expected that 90% of all Internet traffic will be video.
• Advanced forms of video, such as 3D and HD, is expected to increase 23-fold between 2009 and 2014.
• By 2014, 3D and HD Internet video is expected to be 46% of Internet video traffic.
• A report by the Online Publishers Association states that 46% of those who see video advertising take some action based upon the advertisement; 22% visited the website, 26% looked for more information, 15% visited the com- pany and 12% purchased that particular product.
You can get it right now – in return we just want a tweet about it.